INOX recently had a successful trade show recently at PROPAK Asia in Bangkok in June 2016. The interest in our INSTANTISER high-speed mixing equipment, Process pressure/vacuum cooking systems, and cooling technology with KELSTREAM proved that innovative new products available for food processors is available from leading companies such as INOX.
We are proud to announce our plans for 2017 with some exciting shows in the following regions. We hope to see you at these events and discuss your requirements.
INOX is the Australian distributor for DOSANOVA cleaning equipment specially designed for the food industry.
With the new Click & Clean HPJET series, a new era has dawned in industrial foam cleaning.
Foam cleaning can be achieved WITHOUT the addition of compressed air. The system achieves a 40 bar outlet pressure using a high-pressure pump and a spray nozzle head.
A special dynamic foam head injects the required air to create the foam and replaces the need for compressed air equipment within this system.
Water consumption is reduced by approximately 50%, by the increased pressure and nozzle achieving a perfect cleaning process.
The Click & Clean HPJET cleaning units are supplied in a stainless steel ultra-hygienic lockable cabinet with sloping roof. The system is equipped with a TST automatic shut-off system and is always in stand-by mode and ready for use.
ESCROW (progressive payment) facilities and unsecured letters of credit, to purchase new equipment from INOX is available through Centrepoint Finance – Mark Graven.
CPF are a major Asset Finance broking firm that have significant buying power to offer competitive pricing and flexible approval conditions. Ask how we can fund escrow(progressive payment) facilities and unsecured letters of credit, which wont need security from a Fixed and Floating charge, or real estate, typically required by major banks. This will allow you to protect these facilities for cashflow purposes, and greater capacity to fund asset purchases outside the banks security arrangements.
Perfect for businesses with annual turnover of 0%-$100M, for easy, unsecured purchases of new equipment quickly and arranged with a personalised service from Mark Graven of Centrepoint Finance. Mark has provided tailored finance to solutions to many INOX customers who have purchased reliable, custom designed equipment manufactured by INOX.
PROPAK ASIA 2016, the annual trade show, held in Bangkok from 15-18 June, created a platform for 1976 exhibitors from 48 countries showcasing food, drink and pharmaceutical processing and packaging technology. The first time for Australian company INOX exhibiting on the international stage proved that interest in food processing expertise and innovative process solutions is high on the agenda for food processors looking to differentiate and improve processing in the competitive food product market.
The ability to achieve faster processing, with equipment and systems that require minimal cleaning time is paramount to a successful food processing business. The INOX Instantiser shown at the INOX stand was also popular due to the design features and quality of manufacture made obvious to all visitors on the stand.
The INOX Instantiser on display is a fully operational 200L high-speed batch processor for liquid and powder mixing, low or high viscosity. The INSTANTISER is now available to customers in south East Asia to test and experience first hand, the effectiveness of the equipment. For more information visit INOX-INSTANTISER.
Also on the stand was the KELSTREAM continuous scraped surface heat exchanger. The KELSTREAM unit provides the ability to heat or cool viscous product up to 3000L/Hr and has considerably more surface area than traditional SSHE’s and considerably less parts that require any maintenance. For more information on the KELSTREAM, visit www.kelstream.com
The success of the show and the high level of interest in INOX food processing expertise has prompted us to confirm our position at the show again in 2017. We look forward to seeing you there next year.
The following video displays the high-speed mixing capabilities of INOX Blenders for dry powder mixing.
This example features a 3500L single shaft ribbon blender with 1000kg of salt + a small volume of colored salt acting as a tracer element. A homogeneous mixture is achieved in approximately 45 seconds. Impressive!!!
Furthermore, INOX blending equipment is constructed to the highest of engineering and construction standards. Including solid bar section main shaft and large, heavy spokes, high torque output drive, clean design, and easily maintained shaft seals. A new feature is the INOX split seal and pressure face adjusting seal arrangement.
Our focus and aims are to produce homogeneous mixtures of dry products in the shortest time possible. This is achieved by designing optimized equipment that can then endure the tough environment surrounding the need for high-speed mixing. Our blenders are designed to smoothly start up from zero RPM with a full product batch present, without motor stalling and without equipment breakage. Every time.
All systems are tailored to customer requirements, on an individual basis. Flexibility in design is a specialty of INOX. Our expertise has seen blenders installed into Australia, New Zealand, USA, Japan, UK, Jamaica, and Canada.
INOX Instantisers have been long well known for their seriously effective powder-liquid mixing in the food industry in Australia and Asia.
From time to time, our R&D trials with our demo machine encounter some variations that require engineering of new impellor designs that are further suited to specific applications in the food industry.
In this case, mixing of flour + powdered ingredients + water to produce a smooth batter mix, was achieved successfully with a specially designed impellor fitted to our demo Instantiser.
INOX specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of cooling tunnels for the food industry.
Our focus in this area is to provide a suitable thermal process to comply with local food and beverage processing requirements and to achieve optimum product quality, lasting shelf life and appearance of your filled product.
High temperature oil in a heating jacket on a jacketed kettle (for example) does not necessarily mean a quicker product heat up time compared to a lower temperature steam jacket.
In the food industry there exists also the risk of oil contamination into the food product via a leaky connection or worse, a fractured or leaking jacket wall.
The most commonly used type of steam jacket consists simply of an outer cylinder surrounding the vessel. Steam circulates in the outer jacket, and condenses on the wall of the vessel. Jacketed vessels may also be lagged, or may contain an internal air space surrounding the jacket. This is to ensure that as little steam as possible condenses on the outer jacket wall, and that the heat is transferred inwards to the vessel.
· Assuming both vessels are hemispherical with volume of 1440 litres of water
· The surface area of a hemi with OD of 1400mm is 3m2.
· Both vessels heating water from 20 Deg C to 100 Deg C.
· Steam at 3 bar 145 Deg C and oil at 4 bar 200 deg C
· Heat up times – Steam 45 minutes and Oil 48 Minutes
· Service flow rates – Steam 300 kg/hr and Oil 6000 kg/hr
It would seem safer and more efficient in adopting steam heated jackets for processing kettles.
A problem that we hear frequently is the difficulty in producing a pre mix or slurry of pectin or xanthan gum which is often added into food products as a thickener without effecting or compromising Flavours during a cooking process.
1. Pectin is a vegetable gum and food thickener that is used to make gel. In human digestion, pectin goes through the small intestine more or less intact. Pectin is thus a soluble dietary fiber. The main use for pectin is as a gelling agent, thickening agent and stabilizer in food. Pectin does not add any flavor to a dishes but it does work extremely well as a thickening agent.
2. Xanthan gum is a long chain polysaccharide composed of the sugars glucose, mannose, and glucuronic acid. The backbone is similar to cellulose, with added sidechains of trisacharides (three sugars in a chain). One of the most remarkable properties of xanthan gum is its ability to produce a large increase in the viscosity of a liquid by adding a very small quantity of gum, on the order of one percent. In most foods, it is used at 0.5%, and can be used in lower concentrations. In foods, xanthan gum is most often found in salad dressings and sauces. It helps to prevent oil separation by stabilizing the emulsion, although it is not an emulsifier. Xanthan gum also helps suspend solid particles, such as spices. Also used in frozen foods and beverages, xanthan gum helps create the pleasant texture in many ice creams, along with guar gum and locust bean gum.
Inox have proven and successfully supplied food processors with a most effective solution to this issue with our own powder/liquid mixing equipnent known as the INOX Instantiser.
Jam is manufactured by either the open-kettle or the vacuum-kettle process.
In general, because of lower processing temperatures, jams made by the vacuum process have better color and flavor than those made in an open kettle.
Advantages of the Vacuum Process
1. Short, low-temperature boil preserves color, flavor and wholeness of fruit pieces.
2. There is less inversion of sugar than when jam is boiled at atmospheric pressure and temperature.
3. Overheating is avoided, since size of batch is not influenced by temperature and time it takes for steam bubbles to pass through the batch.
4. Larger batches can be processed than with the open-kettle method.
5. Sugar penetration to the center of the fruit is better and easier.
6. Less manual labor is involved.
7. Ester recovery can be practical.
8. Product aeration which settles after filling and can be removed to ensure consistent, accurate filling levels.